As I have acquired hundreds of friends on Newsvine since I last disclosed these three years ago, I thought I would post them again for anyone who might find them of interest! :o)
1. I was born in Kingston, Jamaica. I was one of a twin. My brother died at birth and I struggled for 6 months in intensive care before I was given the all clear. My mother admitted that there were times when she gave up on me!
2. My father didn't want girls, only boys, so he was none too happy with me or my sister. Never touched us in any way: no hugs, no embraces, no love.
3. I attended school without much enthusiasm until my life was changed by a teacher at primary school who read out one of my essays in class. That was the first time someone who mattered had shown me public value and affirmation.
4. I knew Bob Marley BEFORE he was a Rastafarian. He used to rehearse with the Wailers on my street corner while chatting up young girls like me coming home from school. His first song 'Put it On' was at number one for weeks.
5. I fell out with Jimmy Cliff in England years ago over his song Vietnam. I made a naive and foolish bet with him about it which proved true and he took umbrage!!
6. Two people I met and interviewed who have affected my life were Maya Angelou and Eartha Kitt. Incredible ladies who were fun to talk to.
7. I had 6 sisters and one brother. He was sadly murdered at 17 and one sister died 9 years ago at only 36. My other sisters are awesome.
8. Despite my private suffering and trauma, and my debilitating illness, I never wished I was different or have any regrets in my life, because everything that has happened to me was meant to happen to shape me into the wonderful being I am today. I give thanks daily.