1) THE GIFT OF LISTENING... But, you must REALLY listen.
No interrupting, no daydreaming, no planning your response. Just listening. It demonstrates true personal value.
2) THE GIFT OF AFFECTION... Be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back and handholds.
Let these small actions demonstrate the love you have for family and friends. It could encourage them to great heights. CHILDREN, in particular need this gift.
3) THE GIFT OF LAUGHTER... Clip cartoons. Share articles and funny stories. Your gift will say, "I love to laugh with you."
4) THE GIFT OF A WRITTEN NOTE/EMAIL... It can be a simple "Thanks for the help" note or a full sonnet.
A brief, handwritten note may be remembered for a lifetime, and may even change a life, especially if it appreciates the person.
5) THE GIFT OF A COMPLIMENT... A simple and sincere, "You look great in red," "You did a super job" or "That was a wonderful meal" can really make someone's day, can boost their esteem and dramatically improve their confidence. CHILDREN, in particular need this gift.
6) THE GIFT OF A FAVOUR... Go out of your way to do something kind as often as you can.
Regular actions count more than a once-in-a-while present.
7) THE GIFT OF SOLITUDE... There are times when we want nothing better than to be left alone.
Be sensitive to those times and give the gift of solitude to others.
8) THE GIFT OF A CHEERFUL DISPOSITION... The easiest way to feel good is to extend a kind word to someone, really it's not that hard to say, "Hello" or "Thank You". Moaning, whingeing and whining put others off but a smile and good cheer are the most welcoming.
How many gifts will you be giving away today? Tomorrow? The next day?
Which ones do you find it easiest to give away?
Today I send you Gift 4. Thanks for reading this, and thanks for simply being there! :o)