It is not that difficult to tell whether a man is sexually attracted to you because he will only do certain things if he is smitten. There are also tons of subtle hints in his behaviour but there are seven main ones that give him away in the end. Even if two of them can be attributed to being polite towards you, the other five signals are unmistakable because they all follow each other in a regular pattern.
1. The first sign of being sexually attracted to you is the nature of his smile. It will be wide, welcoming, often and embracing. One soon knows whether that smile is merely being sociable or really for you. It will gush repeatedly and uncontrollably because you make him feel good and he wants to show it. Suddenly whatever you say will be funny and endearing and he will be very interested in you.
2. Next is eye contact. He will try to hold your gaze for long periods, as if he trying to fathom you out, to work out for himself whether you like him too. If you have beautiful eyes that captivate him anyway, he will want to look deep into them, to form some kind of bond through the visual connection. By staring at you for extended periods he is trying to give you a distinct message of his own feelings.
3. Soon after that there will be a gradual attempt to share your space, to be as near as you will allow him to be. Body contact is essential to sexual feelings hence why he will use any pretext to sidle up closer, to do something for you which would make your hands accidentally touch, and simply to please you, or to sit as close to you as he is allowed.
4. One of the surest signs of being sexually attracted is if he tries to take your hand at any point in the meeting, though it will done in gradual steps to test your resistance or acceptance. This soon follows after sitting near to you, being the natural next step in his eyes. Most men love to touch the minute they feel sexually inclined towards you. They will try to touch your hand lightly first, perhaps cover your hand with theirs at an opportune moment, mainly to see if you'll withdraw it, or actually take your hand in his. If you are proving elusive and his usual approach is having no success, he might actually ask you if he can hold your hand.
5. Throughout the date he is likely to be preening himself, like straightening his close, running his hands through his hair and mirroring your body movements to show you he likes you. He might even venture a few lighthearted inuendoes here and there to test your reaction. Otherwise he is likely to be mentioning his possessions, like cars, houses, business, etc., to impress you, hoping that you will see him in an eligible manner as the right suitor for you.
6. He might ask to actually kiss you, but this will depend on his level of confidence. Some men cannot contain their attraction and wish to get on with the action as soon as possible, especially if they can sense that you like them too. He is likely to tell you that he'd love to kiss you but it is mainly to see your reaction. It is also as a clear signal to you that he finds you very desirable and you should regard that as a great compliment. Most times he really doesn't expect to be kissed just then, as long as you acknowledge his desire and accept it. Then he will be certain that you are attracted to him too.
7. Finally, and the absolute giveaway, is an erection. This might be difficult to conceal if he gets up to buy the drinks or is wearing tighter pants, like jeans etc. When a guy is attracted and excited by a woman, that is always the clearest indicator.
If an erection isn't too obvious and you have missed the other signals, one can safely say that if a guy is totally, attentive to you, if he is clearly trying to impress you and wants to be as close to you as possible, he is definitely sexually attracted to you! It will then be up to you how you react.
Elaine Sihera (Ms CYPRAH)
Emotional Health Adviser
"Respect and love begin with the self. If we have none, how can we give away any?"